Dailydave mailing list archives

Fwd: Re: Security Expert Certificates

From: Peter Wood <peterw () firstbase co uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:15:18 +0100

>> I do sometimes poke fun at various less enlightened CISSPs for all the
>> trivia they have to remember, but what is wrong with writing a technical
>> paper (or event a "paper", as Dave put it) on, say, forensics or intrusion
>> detection and getting certified for it?
>
>There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, only you're not very likely to
>write a good paper on either forensics or intrusion detection unless you
>also know how to write exploits :>

Hmm. Whilst I believe I can both code exploits and write passable papers, I would take issue with that comment. It depends who your audience is IMHO.

PS No CISSP yet but 35 years as an engineer and a techie so far ;-)

Peter Wood FBCS CITP MIMIS MIEEE blah blah blah
Chief of Operations
First Base Technologies
+44 (0)1273 454525
www.fbtechies.co.uk