Dailydave mailing list archives

streaming cvs

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:09:11 -0500

I think it'd be fun to have a software versioning system that recorded every character change. That way each developer can create a "stream" of data that everyone else can subscribe to. Then when they want they can cement it into the public stream. Justine thinks it's a horrible idea, but yesterday Bas and I were trying to debug some shellcode together and I think it would have helped.

Maybe in a few years when Microsoft gets a software patent on it and you've all forgotten this email I can point to it and say "see!"

So recently I've started doing more of my business with OpenOffice. When customers ask for documents, I just make attach the original OpenOffice document rather than converting it to a .doc first. Normally this would probably be a suicidal business plan, but lately people have been very glad to get it as OpenOffice. Perhaps it's the highly technical community I work in. I've also noticed Europeans are very keen on it. I think there's a subtle revolution going on with document standards, but this might just be wishful thinking.

www.immunitysec.com has a valid SSL certificate now, if you've been hitting it today.

-dave