Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: ACM

From: Erick Dahan <edahan () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:53:31 -0500

Some of you might remember the stink up that was caused by the U of
Calgary when
the CS dept announced they would be teaching a "virus writing course."

The AV industry and some IT journalists responded with scourn:

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/calgary.html
http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=10100296

Statements like that of Sophos' CEO "I won't hire virus writing
students" don't seem to be sending a very positive message.

- Erick