Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Google Beta "WiFi" VPN

From: Barrie Dempster <barrie () reboot-robot net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:36:05 +0100

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 11:11 -0500, MadHat wrote:
What sort of information does Google have access to?

If you choose to use Google Secure Access, your internet traffic
will
be encrypted and sent through Google's servers to the Internet. The
data that is received will then be encrypted and sent back through
our servers to your computer. Your privacy is important to us, we
strongly encourage you to read our Privacy Policy to be fully
informed about how your privacy is protected.

Notice the complete glossing over of the fact that Google see everything
in this answer. Seems a very underhanded way to say "all your base", as
they mention encryption more than once but the reader is left to read
between the lines (or read the privacy policy) to be aware that Google
can read the data.

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

"He who hingeth aboot, geteth hee-haw" Victor - Still Game

blog:  http://reboot-robot.net
sites: http://www.bsrf.org.uk - http://www.security-forums.com
ca:    https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3