Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Google Beta "WiFi" VPN

From: "KF (lists)" <kf_lists () digitalmunition com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:07:07 -0400

And apparently, per default it installs the google bar as well.

Can anyone from the Bay Area actually download this software and send me a copy? I'm interested to see whether they're using some vpn solution or some
proxy-ssl solution.

Anyone should be able to download it. It was just a small single executable file with zero configuration. You Simply tell it to either Connect or Always Connect after installing it. http://wifi.google.com/download.html

Since it does not interfere with 'already installed vpn solutions', I am
guessing this is using some ssl based proxy/von solution, perhaps openvpn?

Paul

-KF