Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Immunity Certified Network Offense Professional

From: "Thomas Ptacek" <tqbf () matasano com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:49:49 -0500

 > Specifically, to obtain the certification you will need to write a
 > buffer overflow from scratch within a certain time period. You will
 > first find the buffer overflow by reverse engineering a target program,
 > and then obtain a shell from it or execute a command. This is a hands-on
 > certification, not a paper test.
Sounds like potentially a meaningful, if narrow, test.

Some of the most effective pentesters I've met would not be able to
pass this. This is the problem with all certifications.

I get the "joke" here, so don't take that as a criticism. Although you
should have made an acronym for MOV AX, AX work instead.

--
---
Thomas H. Ptacek // matasano security