Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Speculation

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () isc org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:10:50 +0000

Really it is a sad reminder that the current state of the art when it comes
to security and the resiliency of our systems has a lot to do with making
sure the good guys only talk about things behind closed doors while hoping
that bad guys don't figure things out before we can patch.

what would an ideal world look like, compared to this state of affairs?  i'm
not talking about pipe dreams like "there just would not be bugs" or even "it
would never take more than a day to roll out a patch to the ends of the world"
but rather, what could we do differently given the constraints we work under?

--
believed to be clean.