Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Spaf did not receive your email (was Re: [SECURITY ] Job Descriptions)

From: Wayne Smith <wayne.smith () CSUN EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:07:23 -0800

At 10:33 AM 2/28/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Gene Spafford wrote:
At 5:51 -0500 2/27/03, Howell, Paul wrote:

        ...[snip]...

(I couldn't resist.  :-)

Neither could I. :)

Not that I disagree with your sentiment but can you imagine a
mandatory access control OS as a home computer? :)

        Well...yes.  Both my reading of the Trusted Computing
        Platform Alliance initiatives and Microsoft's (somewhat
        related) Palladium initiative are but two major strategic
        thrusts in this area.

--
Gary Flynn
Security Engineer - Technical Services