Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Internet Content Management recommendations?

From: Greg Schaffer <schaffer () MTSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:23:10 -0500

We also have had great success with the PacketShaper.  Its ability to report
on traffic usage, be it based on IP address or application has been
extremely helpful.  Of course its best feature is the shaping ability.  It
is also very easy to back up and upgrade; just a few ftp commands and a
restart.  And while it's in reboot mode, it will pass traffic anyway for the
30 or so seconds it takes to reboot.

Greg