Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New SANS Discount Programs to Educational Centers

From: David Escalante <david.escalante () BC EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 10:10:37 -0500

H. Morrow Long wrote:

I received the following targeted e-mail from SANS (Note: I have no
affiliation with SANS).
I know that many of us in higher ed participate in SANS training as
well as the UNISOG list,
--but-- in the event that you overlooked or missed the following...
SANS is offering two new discounted packages specifically to .edu
institutions:

Just thought I'd mention that Mozilla 1.5 reports your X.509 signature
as "broken" for this message.  It notes that the signature does not
match the message content correctly, and that the message appears to
have been altered since sending.  This is conceivable if some
majordomo-ish software munged the headers or something, but if that's
what happened, then there's no point in signing messages to lists.
Interesting.  Have you run into this before?
--
David Escalante
Director of Computer Security