Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New I2-specific file-sharing application

From: Jere Retzer <retzerj () OHSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:04:22 -0700

Better know what's happening to all the information you're supposed to
keep private. I'm hearing, for example that a lot of healthcare
providers are using e-mail to communicate with patients with no
particular protection as stored on servers or desktops. While I've not
seen this problem exploited either on servers or user machines  it seems
that the p2p systems like this one may be open invitations.

pete () UEN ORG 4/30/2004 10:12:55 AM >>>
As featured on Slashdot today (see
http://slashdot.org/articles/04/04/30/1438245.shtml?tid=126&tid=146&tid=95&tid=99),
i2Hub is a new open-source Internet2-specific file-sharing
application.
http://www.i2hub.com

To participate, you are required to share your files. Our initial
installation tests show this requirement to be at little as 10GB and
as
much as 30GB.

Pete.