Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password cracking benchmarks

From: Alan Amesbury <amesbury () OITSEC UMN EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:57:30 -0600

Replying to the list, in case anyone else has similar questions.

Leigh Cheek wrote:

Thank you for sharing this resource. May I have your permission to
share this website on the Information Systems Audit and Control
Association's listserv (IS Auditors).

Sure!  As far as I know, it's publicly available, so it's publicly
usable.  I only ask that credit is given where due.  (I wrote something
like this up before and found it being used commercially and at other
.edu's *verbatim* and without any sort of attribution.  That wasn't cool.)

Anyway, share and enjoy!

--
Alan Amesbury
University of Minnesota