Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Use of SmartCards and PKI Components

From: jack suess <jack () UMBC EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:08:10 -0400

You might look at the US federal smart card initiative HSPD-12. This
will ultimately support many of the things you list. The US federal
government will be buying millions of these over the next 18 months
which should help drive down the price and increase vendor support.

http://smartcard.nist.gov/

jack