Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Wireless Guest Access

From: Tom Siu <thomas.siu () CASE EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:57:24 -0400

Our entire wireless implementation is a guest network.

We have a mission to support the local community, therefore anybody
can use our wireless network if they are in range, and it covers
the local "University Circle" area, and many open areas between
campus buildings (we are an urban campus).

The architecture is a private IP space which terminates outside our
network, and internal users get increased throughput.

There is currently no SSID (prevents AP phishing), and we hope to
implement WPA2, and have a guest login for guest users downstream, and
Case users will use their network IDs.

Regards,
Tom
   Tom Siu