Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Administrative password management

From: Jordan Wiens <numatrix () UFL EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:35:30 -0500

I just wrote a review a few months back of Cyberark:

http://www.networkcomputing.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196600155

It has a summary of the starting prices of all four, but it's really
hard to compare since they each license differently and will vary
greatly depending on your usage.

The real value of a product like this is the way it can automatically
change passwords behind the scenes for you.  Otherwise, it's just a
glorified encrypted file store holding only text files.

If you're going to take advantage of that functionality, the cost is
probably justified (since the big four below are the only ones I know of
that claim to do that piece too).

--
Jordan Wiens, CISSP
UF Network Security Engineer

Boaz Gelbord wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with any of the following
administrative password management solutions for managing passwords on
critical systems such as servers, routers, etc?

Cyberark
e-DMZ
Cloakware
Symark

Please feel free to respond to me directly.

Thanks,
Boaz.