Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Sensitive data detection -- vendor response

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () AUCKLAND AC NZ>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 13:54:41 +1200

Hi Gary

I have a couple of questions about Asarium: firstly is it easy to get it
to look for new things (like our IRD numbers)? and secondly what is the
ball park pricing?

We don't (thank heavens) have anything equivalent of the SSN here so our
exposure is somewhat less than many US institutions.  However we are
well aware that there are other sensitive data scattered through our
sytems.  NZ has fairly strict privacy laws so things like postal
addresses and phone numbers are classed as 'personal data' and required
to be protected.

Russell.