Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Sensitive data detection -- vendor response

From: Gary Golomb <gary () PROVENTSURE COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:13:34 -0400

At 08:54 PM 4/21/2007,

to look for new things (like our IRD numbers)? and secondly what is the

ball park pricing?

I'd like to second this question...having an idea of the pricing

model is critical.  There's no point in wasting time if the price

is beyond our means.

To answer the first question first - yes - you can add your own custom
searches through "signatures," or even fully compiled and custom-developed
modules. Examples include looking for certain types of watermarks in
documents, or modules that perform statistical analysis of image files. (See
the 'research' portion of our website for more info on that kind of stuff.)
Long story short, in the case of IRD numbers, you don't need to add your own
custom types since Asarium has built-in support for finding "sensitive" data
in over 50 nations, including IRD numbers. :)

In terms of price....

We have worked closely with a few Universities to develop a
Higher-Ed/research focused license. This license is available *only* to
educational institutions and only for a limited amount of time this year.
Because it's a 90% discount off the cost to organizations in other markets,
I'd rather not publish the actual number on the list. I can tell you the
final cost falls somewhere between a credit card purchase and discretionary
spending for most every .edu I've spoke with so far -- meaning it is more
affordable than other products in this space by a magnitude of about 200x.
It includes an unlimited license for the entire Asarium product line.

To help maintain the integrity of the list, I will cut the email off here.
Please feel free to contact me off list for more information.

-Gary

Gary Golomb

Founder, Managing Partner

443-536-5757