Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Vaulting

From: Dave Koontz <dkoontz () MBC EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 13:05:50 -0400

I have been looking similar software for a while now.  For those running
products like this, how do you ensure your passwords are always
available?  For instance, if the server running this application
crashes, what options do you have to get passwords to your other
systems?  Particularly if you have the software automatically changing
passwords on all the systems it maintains.