Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Remote Access to Staff Desktops

From: "Brawner, David" <dbrawner () MARYVILLE EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:44:45 -0600

Here at Maryville University in St. Louis, we are (quickly?)
transitioning away from allowing remote desktop directly to staff
computers and towards an SSL VPN solution that allows the same remote
access capability with encryption.  We have a full VPN client tunneling
option, but we are reserving that for approved IT staff only because of
the possibility of bypassing some key safety checks.  Everyone else is
using SSL VPN.

David S. Brawner

Manager of Network Services

Maryville University of Saint Louis