Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Sonicwall NSA 4500

From: "Kellogg, Brian D." <bkellogg () SBU EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:33:19 -0400

We are getting close to a decision point on our firewall upgrade.  I
wanted to ask the group for anyone's experiences with Sonicwall's newer
NSA firewall.  We have run PIX firewalls for years without serious
issues, but I am very interested in the added security features the NSA
firewalls from Sonicwall offer at a much lower price point than Cisco.
My preference is to have separate boxes for separate tasks, but since
that cannot be a reality here due to budget Sonicwall seems to fit the
bill when it comes to gateway AV, VPN, and IPS services.  Still on the
fence though...

Thank you,

Brian Kellogg

Network Services Manager