Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: data encryption

From: Matthew Gracie <graciem () CANISIUS EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:08:26 -0400

Mark Reboli wrote:
Please let me know the following that you use for data encrpytion.  We
have users with laptops that we want to secure sensitive data on.

1.       Do you use whole disk encryption or partial

2.       What program(s) do you recommend that you have use or are using

3.       Anything else you think would be purdent for us to consider.

We use Truecrypt for doing full-disk encryption.

--
Matt Gracie                         (716) 888-8378
Information Security Administrator  graciem () canisius edu