Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Network config monitoring and auditing software

From: Scott Beardsley <scott () CSE UCDAVIS EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 17:36:58 -0700

Our environment is largely Cisco.  The firewalls are Cisco ASAs with a
couple of older Cisco PIX firewalls still in service.  Core switches are
Cisco with some Foundry/Brocade devices at the edge.

We are about to start a project to build such a system[0]

On a somewhat related note, I attended a talk here at UC Davis about
auditing firewall rules. It was very interesting and a useful product
came out of the research (GPL nonetheless). You might want to have a
look at FIREMAN[1]. They mentioned supporting iptables, pix, and pf but
I don't see mention of pf on that page.

Scott
[1] http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/rubinet/fireman.html