Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Self-service password reset utility/appliance??

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:43:59 -0400

On 7/1/10 1:48 AM, SCHALIP, MICHAEL wrote:
What I'm wondering - what kind of software utility or appliance you all
are using to allow students to perform their own password
resets.......and, do you like it?....love it?.....hate it?

We're using the IDsentrie from A10 (ww.a10networks.com). It manages
multiple directories, etc.

For new students, we set their passwords in eDirectory, which applies to
on-campus file shares, but not to their new email account. This forces
them to go to the IDsentrie to create their recovery Q&A and reset their
passwords - that then populates LDAP and GMail for them and they're in.

--
Best regards
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

   www.calfrye.com,  www.oberlin.edu/cit/

"More progress is made by attacking problems than by attacking people."
--Harry Scholefield.