Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Integrating security in IT processes

From: "Manjak, Martin" <mmanjak () ALBANY EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:09:02 +0000

In addition to some of the insertion points the Brian has identified in his environment (Legal and Procurement), we
have been working with our Controller's office to integrate security in our formal internal controls program. We do
this by including info sec questions on the self-assessment questionnaire that each office and department is required
to perform on a three-year cycle. We then follow up with targeted, in-person reviews of an office's policies and
practices, and make recommendations if we feel they need to make improvements. The personnel for these reviews includes
myself, someone from our General Counsel's office, and the two staff members responsible for internal controls
compliance.

Marty Manjak
ISO
University at Albany