Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Outbound E-mail rate limiting for users

From: "Gioia, Matthew P." <MGioia () STLCC EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:56:49 -0600

We do this and have exceptions for accounts that do mass communications.
It requires a bit of work to unclog the queues when an account is
compromised, but as you say, it saves us from winding up on as many
blacklists. I would imagine identifying those accounts/individuals would
be a bit more difficult at bigger/less centralized institutions.

Matthew Gioia

Network Security Analyst

Technology and Educational Support Services

St. Louis Community College