Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: IPS Solution

From: Benjamin Parker <parkerbc () MOUNTUNION EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 11:29:33 -0500

For those who have Palo Alto's what additional features are you using and
do you think it is worth the added cost.

For example, we have been seeing some more encrypted botnet traffic here
that I can't detect because I have not wanted to use the SSL decryption
aspects because we don't have URL filtering so I have no way not to break
the chain on things like legitimate banking or shopping. Are you doing
things like this?  Also are you using the wildfire subscriptions, and are
there any metrics of how cost effective it has been in blocking malware? I
know their sales pitches are pretty spectacular regarding wildfire but is
that what real world edu's are seeing?

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM, O'Callaghan, Daniel <