Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Oxford and Google Apps

From: Bob Bayn <bob.bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:40:14 +0000

Why should it take more than one "legitimate" report?  It seems pretty obvious to me that a password collection form is
a password collection form.  And a quick peek at the database behind the form will probably show the unrelated variety
of victims.  As they err on the side of caution, more victims accumulate.

Bob Bayn    SER 301    (435)797-2396       IT Security Team
Office of Information Technology,     Utah State University
     three common hazardous email scams to watch out for:
     1) unfamiliar transaction report from familiar business
     2) attachment with no explanation in message body
     3) "phishing" for your email password