Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Solution

From: Alan Nord <anord () MACALESTER EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 09:20:19 -0600

+1 Palo Alto.  Replacing our ASA's this summer.  For the price and features
you can't go wrong.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Bob Williamson <bob_williamson () aw org>wrote:

PalAlto is really cool stuff.  Pretty impressive in our 550 user
environment.  K-12 with dorm students, so we are doing all kinds of crazy
application/scheduling type rules.****

** **

Only caution I would throw out is there were some recent updates that have
caused some pretty major funk.  End result is I had to roll back a couple
revisions to a known stable release.****

** **

Having said that, in their defense, they are making some significant
changes from ver. 4 to ver. 5 so I would suspect a bit of bugginess AND the
bugs were NOT show stopping, firewall stops working, kind of bugs.****

** **

Bob Williamson
Network Administrator
Annie Wright Schools | 827 N Tacoma Ave, Tacoma, WA 98403 | www.aw.org
D: 253.272.2216 | F: 253.572.3616 | Bob_Williamson () aw org

Mission: Annie Wright's strong community cultivates individual learners to
become well-educated, creative, and responsible citizens for a global
society.

Find Annie Wright Schools on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/anniewrightschools>
Follow our Head of Schools on Twitter @AWShead<http://www.twitter.com/awshead>
****