Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Event Log Monitoring - Recommendations

From: Greg Schmalhofer <Greg.Schmalhofer () MILLERSVILLE EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:11:02 -0400

We do not currently have any product for event log and/or system log monitoring, reporting, and alerting, but are about
to begin the process of reviewing various products to see what might be the best fit for our environment, needs, and
budget(small). We are a mix of Windows (AD), HP Unix, and Linux servers with Exchange and Oracle. Please let me know if
you are able to recommend any product or solution for monitoring logs and providing various reporting and alerting. At
the recent Educause Security Professionals Conference several individuals had recommended QRadar. Any thoughts or
feedback on these products and/or any others would be greatly appreciated.

-           QRadar (Q1Labs)

-           What's Up Log Management Suite (IPswitch)

-           GFI Events Manager (GFI)

-           Event Log Analyzer (ManageEngine)

-           StealthWatch (Lancope)

-           Others

Thanks for any and all feedback!

Thanks,