Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Looking for pointers to campus videos promoting appropriate/acceptable use

From: "Jackson, Greg (NBCUniversal)" <Greg.Jackson () NBCUNI COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 20:20:04 +0000

(Theresa Rowe tells me this query is appropriate for the CIO list,
even though I'm at a corporate rather than a campus EDUCAUSE member,
and I'm hoping the same goes for Security.)

As part of my work here, I'm trying to collect good examples of videos and other multimedia developed by campuses to
encourage appropriate use of campus networks and related technology. NBCU's interest is obviously in the
copyright-infringement angle, but often the most effective way to engage that is in connection with other parallel
issues.

So, for two good examples, UVa addresses 'em all together (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJZrw68fGl0), while UCLA
deals with the issue separately (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcTFxZvSKY8). I'm looking for good examples of either
kind to share with my colleagues here and elsewhere in the industry. It seems to me that campus folks are better at
reaching their students than we are in industry, and so what we should do is gather and point to good examples, rather
than (or in addition to) invent our own.

If you have or can point me to good examples, will you please let me know, preferably off-group to greg.jackson ()
nbcuni com<mailto:greg.jackson () nbcuni com>? Many thanks!

[NBCUniversal]

Greg Jackson
VP University Outreach
gjackson.us * nbcuni.com
300 New Jersey Av NW #700 * DC 20001
1-202-596-9425 * greg.jackson () nbcuni com

(For those who don't know me, or know me only from earlier lives, http://gjackson.us/ruminations/?p=739 can fill you
in.)