Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: WSJ Article - A Contrarian View on Data Breaches

From: Jeff Murphy <jcmurphy () BUFFALO EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 11:53:22 -0400

On Aug 5, 2014, at 11:44 AM, Quentin L McCallum <mccalluq () LCC EDU> wrote:

The question is how to measure reputation.

I am proffering that stock price for business is a possible measurement. I would suggest that billable hours or
student count would be measurement in HE.

It would be interesting to see a study on whether a breach has an affect on fundraising/donations in the higher-ed
space. Especially if a significant portion of alumni donations come in via credit cards.

jeff