Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: ADFS experience with Sharepoint and other SSO/SAML systems

From: Miguel Angel Gonzalez de la Torre <mglez () ITESM MX>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 04:08:03 +0000

Hi Tomas.
At ITESM we use it just as you described.
We have federated our O365 tenant, as well as local applications and cloud ones (Success Factos and Concur), and we are
in the process to federate Yammer.
We have to set up a farm of a cluster database and a few internal and external servers, because we have 100K students
and 40K employees.
The reliability is good but recommend a farm depending on your number of users.
The administration is quite easy, just the work to set up each application into the federation, and everyone have
turned some different to federate.
Hope this helps, and if you want a deeper insight, feel free to Contac me.

Regards.
Ing. Miguel Angel González de la Torre, MCC
Director Seguridad de la Información
Dirección de Tecnologías de Información
Contáctame por Lync<sip:mglez () itesm mx>

Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey
Tel.: 52 (81) 8158 2000, ext. 2936. Fax: 81 81582287
Enlace intercampus: 80-689-2936.