Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: whole disk encryption

From: "Hudson, Edward" <ehudson () CALSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 23:10:08 +0000

We recently did a bit of a bake off and WinMagic came out above a couple of those you mention and some others.  I will
email you.

Ed Hudson
Director, Information Security
[cid:image003.jpg@01C82769.5BAE0640]
401 Golden Shore
Long Beach, CA 90802
Tel 562-951-8431
ehudson () calstate edu

From: Larry Holmberg <lholmber () PCC EDU<mailto:lholmber () PCC EDU>>
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:49 PM
To: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU<mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV
EDUCAUSE EDU>>
Subject: [SECURITY] whole disk encryption

My college is investigating three products for enterprise-class computer workstation endpoint encryption. I'm looking
for comments/recommendations/experiences for:

  *   Checkpoint Endpoint Encryption
  *   McAfee Endpoint Encryption (we use their AV)
  *   Microsoft's MBAM

Effectiveness, ease of deployment and use, vendor support experiences, etc.

Thanks!

Larry

Larry Holmberg : TSS Technology Manager, Extended Learning Campus, Portland Community College : phone 971-722-6296  :
fax  971-PCC-6214 :  2305 SE 82nd Ave, MTH116a, Portland, OR 97216