Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Policy Defining Responsibility for CIO & CISO

From: Carlos Lobato <clobato () NMSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 16:44:15 +0000

Hello Ben,

As of this point, yes, the CISO reports to the CIO, but we are working on implementing IT Governance at NMSU and
putting/recommending a structure that is going to last is of utmost importance to us, so that we can meet best
practices as well as the long-term intended spirit of data privacy regulations such as GLBA, HIPAA, etc.

Carlos