Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Patch Management - IBM BigFix

From: "Shettler, David" <dshettle () HOLYCROSS EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:30:12 -0400

Would anyone using or who has used BigFix patch management for windows/mac
and third party software be able to comment on it? It appears to be more
affordable and more featured than our present solution, but, they won't do
a PoC without paying for consulting, and that PoC would cost more than the
product itself.

We have talented people who could implement it, so we don't feel like we
need the consulting, but I have never bought a solution without a PoC first
so I'd love some feedback from folks who use it presently on how their
experience is.

Appreciate it,

David

--

*DAVID SHETTLER*
*Information Security Officer*

*Don't get Phished: Hover over links in your email to see where they go
BEFORE you click!  *

Do you have what it takes to spot a phish?
http://phishingchallenge.holycross.edu

Watch our online sessions on phishing identification:
http://phishmenot.holycross.edu/online-training

Follow us on Twitter: @hcinfosec