Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Do students hold universities accountable for protecting their information?

From: "Barton, Robert W." <bartonrt () LEWISU EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:15:28 +0000

I would have to say yes.  I would go further that they expect us to help with a situation, when they arise (e.g. virus
on personal laptop they will come to the support desk).  GDPR, FERPA, and HIPAA will hold us responsible for sure,
although the student will not necessarily raise their flag when/if there is an issue.

Robert W. Barton
Director of Information Security
Lewis University
One University Parkway