Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Next Gen Antivirus / Endpoint Protection Solutions

From: Curt Kappenman <ckappenman () ANDERSONUNIVERSITY EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 12:40:55 +0000

Erick,

We have been using Cylance for a year and a half now.  At the beginning we were running both Sophos and Cylance.  We
have been running Cylance only since June.  Cylance has served us very well.  Their system catches problems at a time
that most AVs will not (when they first show up to the world).  If you need a EDR type option, you can add Cylance
Optics to the package and now get the granular info on events and process at a simple click (from the same console).

I have been in this industry for 25 years (mostly in the private sector). Cylance has definitely brought a change to
the industry.  I am no longer responding to try and resolve the damage done, I am looking into why something was
blocked and, if requested, seeing if an exception can be made for it to run.  This is my preferred way to go at
protection.

Curt Kappenman
Security Compliance Officer / Systems Technician

[cid:image002.png@01CE928D.7FDE1D30]<http://www.andersonuniversity.edu/it.aspx>

316 Boulevard, Anderson, SC 29621
Phone: (864) 231-2850
Help Desk: (864) 231-2457
ckappenman () andersonuniversity edu<mailto:ckappenman () andersonuniversity edu>
www.andersonuniversity.edu<http://www.andersonuniversity.edu/>

Note: This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or
authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or any information
contained in this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by replying to
ckappenman () andersonuniversity edu<mailto:ckappenman () andersonuniversity edu>, and delete the message. Thank you
for your cooperation in this matter.

[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/AU-Information-Technology/248016151900704>[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/#!/AUTechnology>