Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Transport rule to put a header on external email

From: Frank Barton <bartonf () HUSSON EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 11:06:23 -0400

Not sure how often you folks get signed email, but does that break digital
signatures?

Frank

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 10:36 AM Madl, Michael <michael.madl () indwes edu>
wrote:

Hi Mandi,

I can definitely confirm that by adding a header to external email and
explaining why, to the user community, has raised awareness to potential
phishing attacks.  Our users second guess any external email and reach out
to my office when they are unsure.  Compromised accounts have gone down in
my opinion.   We have also implemented a REPORT PHISH button for all
outlook users allowing them to report any suspicious emails that meet a
certain criteria.

MICHAEL MADL

INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER

UNIVERSITY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY