Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Initial Phishing Simulation - Do you tell them first?

From: Dennis Bolton <bolton () OAKLAND EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 08:02:02 -0400

Hi Dave,

We are early in our Phishing roll out and have so far limited campaigns to
our Central and Distributed Technology staff.  We gave them a heads-up that
Central IT was going to start a phishing awareness education campaign in
the near future but didn't give them specifics.  We waited about a week and
then sent the first round of emails.   I think the prior notice made our
staff more receptive and open to discussion, and I don't believe it had a
significant impact on the results.

Dennis Bolton
Information Security Officer
Oakland University