Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Occupancy monitoring

From: Max McGrath <mmcgrath () CARTHAGE EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 08:55:42 -0500

Somewhat related, but no 100%, we plan on pulling data from our wireless
controller and NAC at a per building level.  We will dedupe usernames (so
the count is based on unique users, not devices) and graph the data every
10 or 15 minutes to show how many people are in a given building.  I can
imagine putting this data onto a campus-wide dashboard would be helpful,
but we have not yet discussed that yet.

As this will be based on WiFi data and won't give a completely accurate
count of occupancy, we would likely state some kind of margin of error.

Max
--
Max McGrath  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/max-mcgrath-a299124b>
Infrastructure and Security Manager

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 8:04 AM Mark Reboli <mreboli () misericordia edu>