Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: MSSP Services Question

From: "Joe Ryan (he/his)" <jryan () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 17:34:38 +0000

I am also interested in learning more about folks who are using MSSPs. If anyone has time, I would love to have a
discussion about your experience.

Thank you,
Joe

--
Joe Ryan
Director, IT Operations

From: The EDUCAUSE Security Community Group Listserv <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU> on behalf of "Wilson,
Lawrence" <lwilson () WPI EDU>
Date: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 7:52 AM
To: "SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU" <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Subject: [SECURITY] MSSP Services Question

Hello,

We are considering MSSP services to complement our WPI security team. Primarily we are interested in MSSP offerings
that provide the primary SOC function during off-hours (after 5 PM weekdays)  and weekend support. However, we would
also be interested in MSSP services to back up our on-site team during normal work hours.

I would be interested in hearing from any University that currently uses or is thinking about using MSSP services. Can
you share the service provider you currently use and/or would recommend I speak with?

Thanks for your help.

Larry Wilson
Chief Information Security Officer

Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609
lwilson () wpi edu<mailto:lwilson () wpi edu>
774-823-0422