Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PPTP viability (was RE: Gauntlet & NTLM)

From: Kent Crispin <kent () bywater songbird com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:21:09 -0700

On Tue, Oct 14, 1997 at 06:45:20PM -0700, Philip Cox wrote:
[...]
1. Is PPTP a viable option for sensitive or possibly classified level
encryption?

2. If PPTP is not, what are the other options. ( I can think of 2,
encrypting routers, or code mods to support SSL)

As Adam points out, only NSA approved encryption can be used for
classified data (at least at llnl and other DOE sites).  I would
recommend you speak with your ISSO before you go too far own this
road...

--
Kent Crispin                            "No reason to get excited",
kent () songbird com                    the thief he kindly spoke...