Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Screening Outgoing Mail for Content

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () nfr net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 20:05:56 -0400

Someone asked me to suggest a method to screen outbound mail for content.

One of the NFR gang wrote a filter that captures Email bodies
off the wire. It'd be easy to narrow that down by only capturing
Email traffic destined for your outgoing firewall or router.

I'm not sure if it's in the baseline 2.0 release but I know
Mark also added the ability to have blobs related to a particular
session be directed to individual files. Those files could then
be searched and forwarded using whatever searching/forwarding
technique was appropriate.

mjr.
--
Marcus J. Ranum, CEO, Network Flight Recorder, Inc.
work - http://www.nfr.net