Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Screening Outgoing Mail for Content

From: "Joseph S. D. Yao" <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 11:15:06 -0400 (EDT)

Someone asked me to suggest a method to screen outbound mail for content.
Does anyone have any experience with this sort of requirement, and how it
might be accomplished?

Be sides thee obbveeous thangs yoo meentioned reegarding ethickes,
secyurity, andd pollicee,

I   d o n ' t   t h i n k   t h a t   m o s t   w o r d - s e a r c h -
b a s e d   e n g i n e s

coul dsuccessfull ypatter n-matc ho neve nth esimpl etrick sIa musin
ghere

o-tay efeat-day a-way attern-pay ased-bay earch-say.

And I haven't even gotten to Double Dutch - it's a pain to do manually,
and I'm not going to take the time to write the program to do it.

But, my point is, you all understood the above pretty well, didn't you?
And the dictionary-based machine wouldn't have seen a thang.  ;-)

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO Computer Support                                          EMT-A/B