Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Embedded security software

From: "Stout, Bill" <StoutB () pios com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 20:45:19 -0400

I spoke to Director at a large Silicon Valley Semiconductor Co., and we
discussed their renewed interest in moving security and network
acceleration software into hardware.  Specifically they would like to
contact companies who are moving layer 4-7 security binaries into
network switches(hubs), and network acceleration (caching) software into
various hardware.  (Director quote, "You can post it, I can't.").

If you have an interest or development in moving software into hardware,
please contact me, place 'HWPXY' in the subject line.

Household name chip company.

Bill Stout

P.S. - Security software meaning the stable executable components of
various proxies, IDS, state-based filters, caching logic, encryption,
etc.  Variables to reside in RAM, management should be external.