Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Blitzkrieg Server -- For Real?!

From: Vin McLellan <vin () shore net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 06:44:55 -0400

        Gawd, can't remember when I've enjoyed a product announcement as
much as this BS. Or had as much ROTFL (Rolling on the Floor Laughing)
stimulation as I've gotten from Signal Magazine's crusader's march into the
shadow-lands of info-war.

        Just when many of us are starting to take the risk of info-war
seriously, here we have a healthy reminder of just what sort of zeitgeist
Signal's readers (the Armed Forces Communications & Electronics
Association) relate to. Talk about a demanding Signal/noise ratio!!

        While my stomach ache subsides, I'd like to emphatically echo Dave
Kennedy's referral of the Wizards to a George Smith editorial about the
Blitzkrieg Server in the Crypt Newsletter
<http://www.soci.niu.edu/~crypt/other/blitz.htm>  If you've never taken a
trip on Smith's trolley past the outer limits, I also urge you to take the
time to read the his on-line book excerpt ("The Virus Creation Labs.")
Amazing stuff! ROTFL, with tears!

        Let me tease you with a couple of Smith quotes on the topic at hand:

Apparently, the "Blitzkrieg server" is powered by "self-programmed adaptive
automatacapsids--variable length string transformation rules."

"When examined on an individual basis, no automatacapsid in and of itself
has any
meaning," said Wood for Signal. "The automatacapsid only has value in the