Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: [ISN] New Defence Computer Keeps Hackers Out and Secret (fwd)

From: Technical Incursion Countermeasures <lists () ticm com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 19:42:17

I've seen some more info on it... basicall its a firewall appliance running
what appears to be some form of application proxy...

Its a pity that the marketing driods have tried to hype it using what I can
only describe as "bullshit terms".. such as "digital diode - allows
information to flow in one direction only" .. Personally if I was in the
defense dept over here I'd be worried reading things like that..

Cheers,

Bret Watson
Technical Incursion Countermeasures
consulting () TICM COM                      http://www.ticm.com/
ph: (+61)(041) 4411 149(UTC+8 hrs)      fax: (+61)(08) 9454 6042

The Insider - a e'zine on Computer security - Call for papers
http://www.ticm.com/info/insider/index.html