Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: DNS forwarding

From: Bill_Royds () pch gc ca
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 09:45:30 -0400

I think it depends on how much you trust your ISP's cache. If you forward a
request to a cache, it might have been poisoned (filled with incorrect
lookups by a rogue DNS server). If you go directly to the root server, it
will be clean but will cost you delays in lookup and recursion costs. It is
safer to go to the root, but more expensive

 John McDermott <jjm () jkintl com> said