Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Extreme Hacking

From: "Kunz, Peter" <Peter.Kunz () sisclear com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 19:06:21 +0200

Folks,
Ernst & young made headlines in TIME when they offered the first run fo
their Extreme Hacking course. 5 days of Unix and NT hacking, with a CD to
take home. The participants are somewhat screend by having to be referenced
by local the local EY office. Recently, I was told attendees learn new
exploits and hacks that we will probably only see out in the open in 1-2
years. IBM seems to maintain a database with similar information, accessible
by only a few pros. So, the question arises: what other companies have such
DBs? What are they worth? And the real issue: is there anything in there you
won't find on Bugtraq? After all, EY charges about $4.5K for 5 days.

cu
-pete