Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: free s/wan

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:07:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999, Siglite wrote:

Has anyone out there done a real serious penetration test on free s/wan?

Free s/wan listens on a few services, and I was wondering if anyone's
attempted to break these.  Also, could anyone give me a quick sanity check
for my proposed implementation of it.....

s/wan is running extra services, or is your OS running these extra
services, which you forgot to document?

`````

For the rest of the list;

Are there any VPN products that do not require the same setup on both ends
to impliment?  (i.e. VPN products that are cross-compatible with other
products out there)

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior consultant:  darkstar.sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!